Friday, May 25, 2012

Motherhood - The Eight Wonder of the World

Jennifer, this morning while I was writing on your FB page these thoughts begin to flow in my mind about motherhood. I believe its a tribute to all mothers everywhere. Although there are only seven wonders of the world, I believe mothers are the eight wonder of the world. When I watch Jane care for our children and carry other responsibilities, stay up into the dawn to get things completed for the Walter, Dean and Gabrielle, it blows my mind. The divine drive seeded in the heart of mother by God is an uncommon reality that transcends all barriers of limitation. I have seen mothers become whatever they had to become to take care of the their families, when fathers were absent. I have seen single mothers work around the clock, do homework, go pick up their children from school activities, prepare supper, get the children to bed only to gladly do the same thing day after day after day until her children are grown. I have seen single mothers maintain a home, with an automobile and raise three to four children without government assistance ; while some grown a ___ men are not able to take care of themselves. I watch the hearts of mothers leap with their children accomplishments; I have seen mothers carry deep sadness in their hearts from relational wounds, but never miss one day or one moment caring and loving their children. I have seen mothers who could not pay for medical assistance for their children, but stay all night praying until the fever broke. I remember on one occasion, I watched my mother get on the bus to go to work, It was cold outside. I asked her where was her coat because we all had coats on: she smiled and said this scarf was her coat. I looked with awe inspiring astonishment as I saw minister Tee drop everything to be at the side of her adult child while she healed from surgery. I saw her eyes become misty; not from worry, but from the love she had for her daughter. The joy I saw leap off the FB page as Jennifer praised her daughter for graduating is a template of a mother's heart for a child. Recently tears streamed from my eyes for moment as I watched " Criminal Minds" where it portrayed a mother willing to be executed for a crime she did not commit so that her son would have a life that was not tarnish with the evil of his father blew me away. Although it was fiction; I know many mothers would have done the same thing. The love of a mother, the divine seed of unselfish-self giving love; the uncommon unrelenting desire to protect her children; the grace to always see the good in her children are the energies that engulf the spirit of a mother. Yet, all this streams from the heart of our Lord, yet it is the 8th wonder of the world,

From the pen of a ready writer

No comments:

Post a Comment